The 10th National Cybersecurity Cluster meeting gathered National Security and Defense Council Deputy Secretary (NSDC), Serhii Demediuk, US Department of State Senior Assistance Coordinator for Ukrainian Affairs, David Shlaefer, Head of the National Cybersecurity Coordination Center (NCCC) Support Department, Serhiy Prokopenko, and 90 representatives from embassies, the private sector, the Government of Ukraine, and the telecommunciations industries.
During the event, participants discussed current cybersecurity challenges, the status of National Cybersecurity Strategy implementation, and investigated the nature and mechanisms of recent cyber-attacks. A special emphasis of the session was on reviewing the needs of telecom-providers and operators, who have lost the ability to provide their services in full due to the active hostilities in certain regions of Ukraine.
Speakers presented current analytics and raised the following issues:
- Serhii Prokopenko, Head of the NCCC Support Department – “The state of cybersecurity in the context of a full-scale war started by Russia against Ukraine”
- Oleksandr Illiusha, CTO at ESET in Ukraine – “Cyberwar in Ukraine: years of resisting against complex attacks”
- Ivan Petukhov, Chairman of the Board of Adamant LLC – “DDoS Cyberattacks of the first days of the full-scale war started by Russia”
- Rashad Abbasov, Deputy Head of Security Department, Vodafone – “Necessity and importance of GSM Security and development of SOC centers which meet international requirements on the basis of telecom providers for security of mobile network in Ukraine”
- Ignat Serguta, Manager Regulatory Affairs and Strategy Division, CRLA, Lifecell – “Ukrainian mobile operators vs Russian aggression”
- Oleksandr Savchuk, Chairman of the Board of Ukrainian Internet Association – “Cybersecurity in wartime for suppliers of electronic communication networks and services”
The issue of creating enabling environment for sustainable operation of communication networks was raised during the “Resistance of electronic communications networks and services to the actions against their availability, integrity and confidentiality during a full-scale war” discussion panel moderated by Volodymyr Zverev, Deputy Head of the Service – Head of the Information Security Department of the Information Security and Cyber Security Service of the Office of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine.