The following specialists reported on their activities in the area of cybersecurity:
- Mykhailo Tukalo, Professor, Director, Head of the Department of Protein Synthesis Enzymology at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics of NAS of Ukraine and Olexander Kornelyuk, Head of the Department of Protein Engineering and Bioinformatics at the IMB – “Biological database storage system within the MolDynGrid virtual laboratory of the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics (IMB) of NAS of Ukraine”;
- Subhash J. Bhor, Professor at AIMST University (Malaysia), Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Applied Sciences – “Integrated biorisk Management: Biosecurity, Biodefense and Cyber Biosecurity”;
- Ihor Kuzin, Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine, Chief State Sanitary Doctor of Ukraine – “Cyber- and biosecurity in public laboratories: current state of affairs and development prospects”;
- Julian Baron, President at Science and Safety Consulting, LLC (USA) – “Using Least Privilege to Mitigate Insider Threats: Considerations for Biological and Pharmaceutical Laboratories””;
- Sterling Savaya, Founder and CEO at GeneInfoSec, LLC (USA) – “Genetic Information Security”;
- Lauren Richardson, Director of Science and Technology at Merrick & Company (USA) – “Assessing CyberBiosecurity Threats and Vulnerabilities;
- Mykola Velychko, Professor at the National Academy of Security Service of Ukraine – “Surveillance over biomedical research of dual use category. Rationality of public access to the research results”;
- Iryna Tsyvkovska, Cybersecurity Project Lead at CRDF Global in Ukraine – “Presentation of the online course @ basics of cybersecurity for representatives of government official ”.
The experts have concluded that responding to the full range of threats does not lie solely in the technical domain, but requires consolidated and coordinated interaction of international partners, development of international and national policies, establishment of international intersectoral standards, implementation of joint projects, development of professional contacts and sharing of the best practices.