The topic of the event was cyberdefense as an element of the National Defense capability along with needs, assets and best practices in this field.
The following specialists reported on their activities and best practices:
- Roman Bondar, First Deputy Director General of the State Concern Ukroboronprom and Ihor Lysytskyi, Head of the Department of Digital Infrastructure Development at Enterprises of the Ministry for Strategic Industries of Ukraine – “Current state of cyber defense in the defense and strategic industries. Needs for international support to strengthen the cyber resilience of the defense sector” ;
- Serhiy Galushko, Deputy Director General of the Directorate for Digital Transformation and Information Security Policy in the field of defense under the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine – “State cyber defense. Urgent issues of cyber security of critical information infrastructure. The concept of creating a reserve NCCC”.;
- Vadym Ledney, Head of Cybersecurity Planning Department of the Main l Directorate of Communications and Information Systems of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – report on the main types of warfare in cyberspace, as a new domain of military operations;
- Gregory Rattray, Retired US Colonel, Founder / Partner of Next Peak / former Director for Cybersecurity / former Chief Information Security Officer at JP Morgan Chase – “Evolution National Cyber Security Centers: Experiences from the US, UK, and Singapore””;
- Daniel Shirling, Naval Attache of the US Embassy in Ukraine – report on the system of development of cyberdefense in Ukraine and projects implemented with the support of the USA;
- Jeffrey Wright, a representative of the U.S. Cyber Command – presentation describing the impact of digitalization processes on the emergence of new risks in the field of cyberdefense;
- Emre Halisdemir, a representative of the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence (hereinafter – the Centre) – report on the mission of the Centre, organizational features, key forms of activity and historical aspects of its formation;
- Olga Streltsova, Senior Cybersecurity Project Lead at CRDF Global in Ukraine – “Cybersecurity Professional Development and Reintegration program for ATO/JFO veterans “Cyber Defenders””;
- Olga Gaponenko, Project Lead, Technology and Innovation Department at CRDF Global in Ukraine – presentation of the collaborative research grants program, which was launched 10 years ago and aimed to support innovative researches, development of new materials, strengthening the potential of young researchers, establishment of new forms of partnership between the scientific communities of the USA and Ukraine.
Through the meeting, the international partners and donor organizations have been informed about the needs of the Ukrainian cyber community, which anticipates implementation of new projects and systemic changes in the cybersecurity landscape.